Sunday, September 6, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
*Going to air shows and the air field...he loved planes*
*Going to get ice cream whenever we got the chance*
*Going to the Talmage Store to run errands*
*Gathering worms in the early morning to take fishing*
*Going fishing in the creek by my grandparents house in Cali*
*Watching him play pool in our basement for hours....he was soooo good*
*Going fishing in the canal up on our top property and dangling our feet over the edge*
*How much he loved cinnamon rolls*
*He'd always toast his marshmallows over the coals, so they'd be perfectly golden brown...no black. To this day I do mine the same way*
* He loved Wendy's Frosty's...actually he loved ice cream in any way, shape or form :)*
* He always told me how beautiful I looked....even when I thought it was a big fat lie...lol*
* He never let anyone leave without a hug and a kiss*
*He loved my grandma soooo much...even though she was crazy and yelled a lot lol*
*He had a great sense of humor...like agreeing with me that grandma was crazy :)*
*He never complained about anything...even though Parkinson's took away almost everything he loved to do and had him trapped inside that body*
*He was a Patriot through and through. He loved this country with all his heart*
I'm sure I could sit here all night and think of many, many more memories of Papa. Those were just a few I wanted to share with yall. I love my grandpa very much. He's a very special man and I miss him dearly. I'm sure as time goes on it will get easier, but for now, his memory is still fresh and the pain is also. I'm also attaching his obituary that my mom wrote. It's really beautiful and I don't know how she had the strength to write it honestly.
I love you Papa and I'll see you again someday...I promise
Gibson, Robert E. "Bob"
Aug. 8, 1926 ‹ July 4, 2009 MONTROSE ‹ Robert E. "Bob" Gibson, 82, of Montrose, Colo., passed away July 4, 2009 after a hard fought battle with Parkinson's Disease. Zella ,his loving wife of 58 years, and his daughters were by his side.Bob was born on Aug. 8, 1926 to George and Theda Gibson in Belle Fourche, S.D. He moved to the Redding, Calif. area as a child, and it was there he graduated high school. Shortly after graduation, he joined the Navy and served during World War II and again during the Korean War. He was a retired truck driver and an avid fisherman. He took pride in making his own fishing gear. Bob and Zella loved to travel in their trailer and they took many wonderful trips throughout the United States and Canada, until his illness prevented his traveling. They raised their family and worked in Ukiah, Calif. for 43 years before relocating to Montrose, Colo. in 1994. Bob was a very kind and patient man who dearly loved his wife, children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. He didn't complain about anything, not even the weather. He was a lifetime member of Ukiah Elks Lodge 1728. He was a member of the Montrose United Methodist Church. His family will miss his quick wit and wonderful sense of humor.He was preceded in death by his parents; brothers, Jim and Bill; his sister, Shirley; and one granddaughter, Katie Hardin. He is survived by his wife, Zella; his daughters, Sharon (George) Tinaza and Valerie (Steve) Hardin of Montrose, Colo.; his brother, Willis Gibson of Igo, Calif.; six grandchildren, Heidi (Ty) Holman of Castle Rock, Colo., Shawn (Jamie) Hardin, Ben (Michelle) Hardin, Holly Hardin, Emily (Andrew) Repynek and Timothy (Kristin) Tinaza all of Montrose, Colo. Also surviving are eight great-grandchildren, Kelsie, Cailey and Brittney Holman, Kai, Devon and Gabriel Hardin, Tyson Tinaza; a step-granddaughter, Emani Baltazar; two aunts and numerous nieces and nephews.A memorial service will be held Tuesday, July 14, 2009, at 11 a.m., at Crippin Funeral Home Chapel. At Robert's request, cremation has already taken place. Donations may be made to Hospice and Pallative Care of Western Colorado, P.O. Box 1804, Montrose, CO 81402. Arrangements are under the direction of Crippin Funeral Home and Crematory, 802 E. Main St., Montrose, CO 81401 (970) 249-2121.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Everyone concentrates on the problems we're having in this country lately: illegal immigration, hurricane recovery, alligators attacking people in Florida. Not me, I concentrate on solutions for the problems. It's a win-win situation.
+ Dig a moat the length of the Mexican border.
+ Send the dirt to New Orleans to raise the level of the levees.
+ Put the Florida alligators in the moat along the Mexican border.
Any other problems you would like for me to solve today?
Yes! Think about this one:
2. The Constitution
3. The Ten Commandments
C O W S
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the mad cow epidemic our government could track a single cow, born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where she slept in the state of Washington? And, they tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering around our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow.
T H E C O N S T I T U T I O N
They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq . Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it has worked for over 200 years, and we're not using it anymore.
T H E 1 0 C O M M A N D M E N T S
The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a courthouse is this: You cannot post 'Thou Shalt Not Steal,' 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery,' and 'Thou Shall Not Lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
I'm so proud to say that my grandpa and dad served in the military to keep us safe here and keep our way of life.
I intended to write more about what's going on in my life but I'm falling asleep finally so to be continued...
Sunday, March 1, 2009
I was looking online and I'm thinking about getting him the R2-D2 one as a VERY late bday present when I go back up the end of March His birthday is January 13). I can buy one new from Amazon for like $10 plus shipping. Not bad at all.
They have all kinds of Star Wars Potato Heads of what not. They even have Spiderman, Indiana Jones, Princess and Transformers Potato Heads! I was like a kid in a candy store looking at these lol. Well my fun is up for the night. Hope yall enjoy looking at these as much as I did.
Saturday, February 28, 2009
The Bucket List. Place an 'X' by all the things you've done and remove the 'X' from the ones you have not. At the bottom of the list, add something you've done that's not already on the list. NO EXPLANATIONS! If someone asks you about something, then fine - explain away.
Things you have done during your lifetime:
(X) Gone on a blind date
(X) Skipped school
( ) Watched someone die
( ) Been to Canada
(X) Been to Mexico
( ) Been to Florida
(X) Been to Idaho
(X) Been to Hawaii
(X) Been on a plane
( ) Been on a helicopter
(X) Been lost
(X) Gone to Washington, DC
(X) Swam in the ocean
(X) Cried yourself to sleep
(X) Played cops and robbers
(X) Recently colored with crayons
(X) Sang Karaoke
(X) Paid for a meal with coins only- If fries count :)
( ) Been to the top of the St. Louis Arch
(X) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't- Hasn't everyone?!
(X) Made prank phone calls
( ) Been down Bourbon Street in New Orleans
(X) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose
(X) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
(X) Danced in the rain-naked- I love dancing in the rain...but not naked
(X) Written a letter to Santa Claus
(X) Been kissed under the mistletoe
(X) Watched the sunrise with someone
(X) Blown bubbles
(X) Gone ice-skating
(X) Gone to the movies
( ) Been deep sea fishing
( ) Driven across the United States
( ) Been in a hot air balloon
( ) Been sky diving
(X) Gone snowmobiling
( ) Lived in more than one country
(X) Laid down outside at night and admired the stars while listening to the crickets
(X) Seen a falling star and made a wish
( ) Enjoyed the beauty of Old Faithful Geyser
( ) Seen the Statue of Liberty
( ) Gone to the top of Seattle Space Needle
( ) Been on a cruise
(X) Traveled by train
(X) Traveled by motorcycle
(X) Been horse back riding
(X) Ridden on a San Francisco CABLE CAR
(X) Been to Disneyland --- or Disney World
(X) Truly believe in the power of prayer
(X) Been in a rain forest
(X) Seen whales in the ocean
( ) Been to Niagara Falls
( ) Ridden on an elephant
( ) Swam with dolphins
( ) Been to the Olympics
( ) Walked on the Great Wall of China
( ) Saw and heard a glacier calve
( ) Been spinnaker flying
(X) Been water-skiing
(X) Been snow-skiing
( ) Been to Westminster Abbey
( ) Been to the Louvre
( ) Swam in the Mediterranean
(X) Been to a Major League Baseball game
(X) Been to a National Football League game
(X) Been to a Nascar Race
(X) Thrown up after riding a roller coaster or other carnival ride
(X) Buried a pet
( ) Been parasailing
(X) Lived through temperatures that are -30.- Stupid Idaho!
( ) Been to Iceland
( ) Climbed a rock wall
( ) Been on TV
( ) Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower
( ) Been whitewater rafting
( ) Played in a symphony
( ) Conducted a music ensemble
( ) Stayed in a B&B
And now for my Bucket List...
1. Tour Europe- Including Paris, Versailles, Monaco, London, Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Milan, Venice, Rome, Vatican City, Sicily, Athens and all over Greece, and see the castles in Ireland and Denmark.
2. Walk on the Great Wall of China
3. Visit Easter Island
4. Go to New Zealand
5. Swim with dolphins
6. Truly make a difference in someone's life
7. Go back to school
8. Find true bliss
9. Conquer my fear of heights
10. Find real, true love
11. Have a family of my own
12. Climb another fourteener
13. Live my life for me!
Wow, after writing this all out and seeing how much I actually want to do I should probably get started now!!
Friday, February 27, 2009
Day 2 consisted of lunch at Fong's chinese restaurant. I woke Dusty up so I didn't have to go alone with Lorrie and the other Grandma. Then a lot of shopping and playing on Dusty's iPhone. Those things are awesome! I totally want one now and I am officially addicted to the hangman app on it. After a zillion hours of running around all over Rexburg...as much as one can run around there we finally went home. Sometime after that we had dinner somewhere and then Dusty, his roommate Chris and I went to see the movie Push. Normally I'd say it'd be awkward for there to be a third wheel on a date but we're so comfortable it was cool. The movie was ok, Dakota Fanning has definitely grown up. I'd say the best part of the movie was getting to stare at Chris Evans (Fantastic 4) for 2 hours...so hot! So after the movie we go back to the guys house and some other people come over to watch a movie. They choose Jumper to watch which I've already seen but oh well. Dusty and I laying on the LoveSac playing with his iPhone and cuddling...yes I did say cuddling :) and I was getting all kinds of looks from the other girls there when I got up the one time. I loved it lol. So then after everyone left we were still laying there and talking and falling asleep cuz it was like 12:30 and he had to be up in 2 1/2 hrs. Then he walked me back upstairs and I gave him a kiss on the cheek and that was that. Any other guy I would have totally kissed but because I like him I get all shy...I hate it! Doesn't help that he's really really shy all the time too.
Saturday I spent most of the day with Casie and her mom. We went to see Annie, who goes to cosmotology school, and I chopped about 3 or 4 inches off my hair! I love it, it looks so healthy now. It was in major need of some lovin. After that we went to a craft store, then to try and find Lorrie some new jeans at Down East, then over to Wal-Mart. Much to my surprise I was walking through Wally World and passed by my friend Julia from TX! She was in my old singles ward and just got married this last summer. It was so good to see her! She's just too cute. So after catching up and buying some cold medicine (I got sick on vacation :( ) we FINALLY went home and I was worn out. I went to lay down for a little bit and not 20 min later Dusty comes in and asks if I wanna go with him to a bday party...well DUH of course I did! So we went to the party and hung out all night then went home and fell asleep talking on the couch lol.
Sunday morning we left early but Dusty told me to wake him up before we left so I went down and jumped on his bed and scared the crap outta him. It was great :) He helped us pack the truck up then we said our goodbyes, hugged, I gave him a kiss on the cheek and then we were off. It was a great weekend, just what the dr ordered. I needed a life...even if it was just for a couple days lol. I really like him and he's a great guy. We've talked everyday since I left and I get to go back up there at the end of March, I can't wait!
So I just reread this and realized I could have just written that I went up to Idaho, cuddled with a boy I like, chopped some hair off, saw a friend I hadn't seen in forever and came home. But what fun would that have been?!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Thanks for looking after me...
Just when you thought paranoia was dead.....
I just want to thank all of you for your educational e-mails over the past year. I am totally screwed up now and have little chance of recovery.
I no longer open a public bathroom door without using a paper towel or have them put lemon slices in my ice water without worrying about the bacteria on the lemon peel....I actually do follow this one cuz it is true and I'm such a germaphobic lol
I can't use the remote in a hotel room because I don't know what the last person was doing while flipping through the adult movie channels.
I can't sit down on the hotel bedspread because I can only imagine what has happened on it since it was last washed.
I have trouble shaking hands with someone who has been driving because the number one pastime while driving alone is picking ones nose (although cell phone usage may be taking the number one spot).
Eating a little snack sends me on a guilt trip because I can only imagine how many gallons of trans fats I have consumed over the years.
I can't touch any woman's purse for fear she has placed it on the floor of a public bathroom.
I MUST SEND MY SPECIAL THANKS to whoever sent me the one about poop in the glue on envelopes because I now have to use a wet sponge with every envelope that needs sealing.
ALSO, now I have to scrub the top of every can I open for the same reason.
I no longer have any savings because I gave it to a sick girl (Penny Brown) who is about to die in the hospital for the 1,387,258th time.
I no longer have any money at all, but that will change once I receive the $15,000 that Bill Gates/Microsoft and AOL are sending me for participating in their special e-mail program.
I no longer worry about my soul because I have 363,214 angels looking out for me, and St. Theresa's Novena has granted my every wish.
I no longer eat KFC because their chickens are actually horrible mutant freaks with no eyes or feathers.
I no longer use cancer-causing deodorants even though I smell like a water buffalo on a hot day.
THANKS TO YOU I have learned that my prayers only get answered if I forward an e-mail to seven of my friends and make a wish within five minutes...
BECAUSE OF YOUR CONCERN, I no longer drink Coca Cola because it can remove toilet stains.
I no longer can buy gasoline without taking someone along to watch the car so a serial killer won't crawl in my back seat when I'm pumping gas.
I no longer drink Pepsi or Dr. Pepper since the people who make these products are atheists who refuse to put 'Under God' on their cans.
I no longer use Saran Wrap in the microwave because it causes cancer.
AND THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW I can't boil a cup of water in the microwave anymore because it will blow up in my face... disfiguring me for life.
I no longer check the coin return on pay phones because I could be pricked with a needle infected with AIDS..
I no longer go to shopping malls because someone will drug me with a perfume sample and rob me.
I no longer receive packages from UPS or Fed Ex since they are actually Al Qaeda in disguise.
I no longer shop at Target since they are French and don't support our American troops or the Salvation Army.
I no longer answer the phone because someone will ask me to dial a number for which I will get a phone bill with calls to Jamaica , Uganda , Singapore , and Uzbekistan .
I no longer buy expensive cookies from Neiman Marcus since I now have their recipe.
THANKS TO YOU I can't use anyone's toilet but mine because a big brown African spider is lurking under the seat to cause me instant death when it bites my butt.
AND THANKS TO YOUR GREAT ADVICE I can't ever pick up $5.00 dropped in the parking lot because it probably was placed there by a sex molester waiting underneath my car to grab my leg.
I can no longer drive my car because I can't buy gas from certain gas companies!
I can't do any gardening because I'm afraid I'll get bitten by the brown recluse and my hand will fall off.
If you don't send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 70 minutes, a large dove with diarrhea will land on your head at 5:00 p.m. tomorrow afternoon and the fleas from 12 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump. I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbor's ex-mother-in-law's second husband's cousin's beautician.
Oh, by the way..... A German scientist from Argentina , after a lengthy study, has discovered that people with insufficient brain activity read their e-mail with their hand on the mouse.
Don't bother taking it off now, it's too late.
I had to laugh because the whole time I was reading this I had my finger on my scroll pad lol. I hope yall enjoyed this as much as I did.
Monday, February 16, 2009
199. I was born on: March 12
198. I am really: Shy until you get to know
197. My cell phone company is: Verizon
196. My eye color is: Blue
195. My shoe size is: 7
194. My ring size is: 6 last time I checked but my fingers shrink and swell constantly
193. My height is: 5' 5"
192. I am allergic to: bananas, shellfish, latex, chocolate, cats, anything scented like lotions or perfumes or even soaps, flowers, shea butter and hemp
191. I was born in: Ukiah, CA
190. I live in: Montrose
189. The last book I read: A Mary Higgins Clark one
188. My bed is: really soft and comfy and warm...2 feather beds and an electric blanket :)
187: One thing you hate about yourself: My illness
179. My favorite Holiday is: Christmas & 4th of July
177. The last three cd ( s ) I bought: goodness I never buy em ummmm...Colby Callait, a christmas one and one for my nephew, don't remember what it was
176. Last song that made me cry was: How Great Thou Art at Adam's funeral :(
175. Are you taken or Single: 100% single and happy that way lol
174. If your taken, by who?: myself :)
173. Do you like being single / taken?: I believe I just said I was
170. What did you do last night?: Ate dinner and watched a movie with Casie's parents lol
There are a lotta questions missing...
I Do ( YES ) / Do Not ( NO ) Believe In -
142. Love at first sight?: Lust at first sight, you can't love someone unless you truly know them
141. Luck?: Yes
140. Fate?: Sure
139. Yourself?: You betcha
138. Aliens?: Only in movies
137. Heaven?: Of course, it'd be a dark and dismal life if we had nothing to look forward to
136. Hell?: There mmust be an opposition in all things...
135. Ghost?: Spirits....to a certain extent. People blow it all way outta porportion
134. Horoscopes?: Ha! Ha! No
133. Soulmates?: Yes
Which is Better? -
129. Hugs or Kisses?: Kisses are great but hugs keep you outta trouble for the most part. And I love a good hug :)
128. Drunk or High: NEITHER
127. Phone or Online: Everything's easier online. I hate talking on the phone and iming is easierthan texting
126. Redheads or Black hair: Redheads are crazy!....Cept for Camo
125. Blondes or Brunettes: Either
124. Hot or Cold: HOT! How about right in the middle
123. Summer or winter: Summer in CO and winter in TX....life would be good
121. Chocolate or vanilla: vanilla doesn't give me hives :)
120. Night or Day: Night...You get to sleep at night!
119. Oranges or Apples: Oranges all the way
118. Curly or Straight hair: Since I have both I'll say both
Here's What I Think About -
116. Abortion: No one has the right to kill another human being no matter the circumstances. Plently of people would love a baby that someone would be willing to throw away.
115. Backstabbers: They're small, insecure people
114. Parents: Love em!
Last time I -
103. Went out of town: A couple weeks ago I went to TX yayayay
102. Had food: A few hrs ago
101. Seen someone I haven't seen for a while: 2 weeks ago
100. Cried in front of someone: A week ago
99. Grew: I think I was like 19 or 20 when I stopped growing
90. Who is the ditziest person you know? Casie or Amy it's a toss-up. Love ya both!
89. Who makes you laugh the most? My dad and Paul
82. What I don't understand: A lot of things
80. The most unsatisfactory answer I've ever received is: no answer at all
79. Something I will miss when I leave home is: my family, my doggies, my kitties, the pretty scenery,
78. The thing that I'm looking forward to the most: Going to Idaho!
77. The thing that I'm not looking forward to is: Waking up early for church and dealing with crazy 6 yr olds
73. Tomorrow: Church, food, nap, more food, tv, sleep
72. Today: I should go to bed
71. Next Summer: No clue
70. Next Week: Idaho hopefully!
67. People call me: lots of things I'm sure lol...but most commonly it's Holls, Holly Dolly, Princess...thanks Rach
62. The person who knows the most about me is: Rachel
60. The most difficult thing to do is: Watch someone hurting and not being able to do anything about it
59. I have gotten a speeding ticket: 2 in almost 9 years....not too shabby
56. My zodiac sign is: Pisces
55. The first person I talked to today was: My dad
54. First time you had a crush: Kindergarten...Tommy Barrington! hahaha
53. The one person who can't hide things from me: RACHEL...yet sometimes she still tries lol
52. Last time someone said something that you were thinking?: I don't remember
51. Right now I am talking to: No one...it's 2 am, everyone's asleep
50. What is your dream job?: doing something that I love...just don't know what that is quite yet
49. First job?: cleaning motel rooms...yuck
48. I have / will get a job at?: Disabled
47. I have these pets: 2 dogs, 3 cats, 9 chickens and 3 horses...lol I live on Old McDonald's farm
46. I hope: Things go well in Idaho
45. The worst sound in the world: People smacking they're food/gum. Or chewing really close to you
44. The person that makes me cry the most is: My body lol
39. My girlfriend is: I like guys...
35. Florida or Hawaii: Hawaii definitely
33. My favorite piece of clothing is: Any pair of comfy pants
32. My favorite sport is: FOOTBALL to watch, volleyball to play
31. Last time I cried: last sunday
30. My friends are: CRAZY and AMAZING and the BEST
29. My computer is: Ghetto
28. The school I go to is: Done with that
27. Last person I got mad at: My mother...who else?
22. The all-time best movie is: I can't pick just one!
21. The all-time best thing in the world is: Feeling loved, whether it be by family, friends or one idividual
18. The most annoying person you know is: I'm not gonna say...
17. I lose respect for people who: Don't stand up for themselves or for what they believe in, and ignorant people
16. The movies I have cried at are: There have been a couple but the most recent was Marley & Me
15. Closest friend name: Rachel, Casie, Stacy, Sara, Angie
13. Favorite web site: Google....it knows everything! hehe
11.The worst pain I was ever in was?: When I had an ovarian cyst and I was in the ER at Centennial Hospital all night and I was flying home that morning
10. My favorite phrase is: Ohok
9. My room is: In need of a good cleaning
8. My favorite celebrity is: Don't really have one
5. My weakness is: Cute boys & I'm a little too honest sometimes
4. What I like about the opposite sex: Eyes, smile & arms
3. Who broke your heart: a couple people
2. One thing that makes you feel great is: My friends
1. You filled out 200 questions because?: I didn't fill out 200 questions...but I filled out however many cuz I'm bored and so anyone who happens to read my blog can learn a little more about me.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
This seems like a fun and easy sort of tag!
(Just copy and paste this to your blog and bold the ones that you HAVE done.)
1. STARTED YOUR OWN BLOG
2. SLEPT UNDER THE STARS
3. PLAYED IN A BAND -if you count middle school
4. VISITED HAWAII
5. WATCHED A METEOR SHOWER
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. BEEN TO DISNEYLAND
8. CLIMBED A MOUNTAIN- Mt Lassen & Mt Sneffles....Lassen was mostly on my dad's shoulders cuz I was like 5 :)
9. HELD A PREYING MANTIS
10. SANG A SOLO- a few actually
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. WATCHED A LIGHTENING STORM AT SEA
14. TAUGHT YOURSELF AN ART FROM SCRATCH
15. Adopted a child- Hopefully someday :)
16. HAD FOOD POISONING
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. GROWN YOUR OWN VEGETABLES
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. HAD A PILLOW FIGHT
22. HITCH HIKED
23. TAKEN A SICK DAY WHEN YOU'RE NOT ILL
24. BUILT A SNOW FORT
25. HELD A LAMB
26. GONE SKINNY DIPPING
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice- Only the one in Telluride haha
29. SEEN A TOTAL ECLIPSE
30. WATCHED A SUNRISE OR SUNSET
31. HIT A HOME RUN
32. Been on a cruise- Not allowed to go on em...too many chances to get sick in closed quarters
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. TAUGHT YOURSELF A NEW LANGUAGE- Working on learning sign language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. GONE ROCK CLIMBING
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. SANG KARAOKE
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. BOUGHT A STRANGER A MEAL AT A RESTAURANT
44. Visited Africa
45. WALKED ON A BEACH BY MOONLIGHT
46. BEEN TRANSPORTED IN AN AMBULANCE- They're quite bumpy
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person- A trip to Italy is my DREAM
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. GONE SCUBA DIVING OR SNORKELING
52. KISSED IN THE RAIN
53. PLAYED IN THE MUD
54. GONE TO A DRIVE-IN THEATER
55. BEEN IN A MOVIE- Home movies...hehe
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. TAKEN A MARTIAL ARTS CLASS
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen- If they had one here I totally would
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies- Bought lots and lots of em!
62. GONE WHALE WATCHING- I was too young to remember though :(
63. GOTTEN FLOWERS FOR NO REASON
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma- They don't want my diseased blood lol
65. Gone sky diving- I'd have a heart attack!!
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp- I don't know if I could handle that emotionally
67. BOUNCED A CHECK
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. SAVED A FAVORITE CHILDHOOD TOY
70. VISITED THE LINCOLN MEMORIAL
71. EATEN CAVIAR- It's yucky
72. PIECED A QUILT
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London (I've seen the changing of the guard at Arlington Cemetery.)...ditto I hear it's much better anyway :)
77. Broken a bone- I don't count toes or fingers
78. BEEN ON A SPEEDING MOTORCYCLE
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person- Want to
80. Published a book - Just a poem
81. Visited the Vatican- Would love to
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem- I WISH!
84. HAD YOUR PICTURE IN THE NEWSPAPER
85. Read the entire Bible
86. VISITED THE WHITE HOUSE
87. KILLED AND PREPARED AN ANIMAL FOR EATING- Only if fish count
88. HAD CHICKENPOX
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury- My "disability" gets me out of it hehe
91. MET SOMEONE FAMOUS
92. JOINED A BOOK CLUB
93. LOST A LOVED ONE
94. Had a baby
95. SEEN THE ALAMO IN PERSON
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. BEEN INVOLVED IN A LAWSUIT- My first car accident our insurance company sued theirs
98. OWNED A CELL PHONE
99. BEEN STUNG BY A BEE- Lots of times
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Shortly after writing this blog I learned that one of my very good friend's older brothers had passed away early saturday morning. He was 33, died in his sleep and they don't know what from. In my last blog about lessons learned, one of them was to cherish the people you love, because they can be taken from you in an instant. While I watch my friend go through torment and grief I can't help but think "I'm glad it's not my brother". I feel completely horrible even thinking that let alone putting it in here for all to see. Sara's brother had been on a mission, and he had been through the temple. He had a place to go home to. As much as we will all miss him, he will be in a better place where he will be happy and his mind will be perfect. I worry so much for my brothers. Both have rejected the church, and no matter how hard I try I cannot get them to come back. Their lifestyles aren't exactly in line with the church and they've taken their familes down that path too. I can't imagine spending eternity without them but brothers are not sealed to their spouses so my nephews and niece are not sealed to them. I pray for the day when I see that happen and I can know that my family will all be safe and all be together.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
1. There are only a few choice people in your life that will truly always be there for you.
2. You can live after your heart has been broken a few times.
3. Hospitals sometimes make you more sick than make you better.
4. My family will always be my family no matter what they do, how much they disappoint me, or how much they annoy me I will always love them.
5. I really do love my friends and am grateful for the support they give me...even though I don't deserve it sometimes
6. Just because I'm blonde doesn't mean I'm dumb.
7. I probably learn more from my Primary kids than they do from me.
8. Sometimes I do know more than the doctors when it comes to my illness. Lol
9. My parents are actually more right than wrong, despite what I thought growing up :)
10. I let someone control me once, and I will never let that happen again.
11. I'm happy being me, and if someone doesn't like that than they don't deserve to be my friend.
12. The cuter the boy is, the more likely he is to be a jerk and break your heart.
13. You can have friends of any age, whether they're 2 or 82.
14. It's better to put your heart out there and tell someone how you feel and be rejected than to never tell that person and always wonder "what if".
15. My Dad's not Superman, but he's pretty darn close.
16. Not everyone can handle my illness, and those who can't should not be judged because of it.
17. Don't take anyone in your life for granted, they can be gone in an instant.
18. I may never have kids of my own, though my nieces and nephews are my kids I can give back :)
19. The cuter the boy is, the dumber he usually is.
20. My dad will always be my hero no matter how old I get.
21. Don't waste your time on someone who makes you cry, they're not worth your tears.
22. I need to laugh every day, it's vital to my survival.
23. The cure to any illness is ice cream.
24. Watching Grey's Anatomy or NCIS can "seriously" get me through anything, no matter how crappy it is.
25. At some point in your life you have to grow up.
26. Bad things can happen to good people.
27. Just because you have to grow up doesn't mean you always have to act grown up.
28. A baby's laugh can cure any bad mood.
29. All newborns look like aliens.
30. Good looking AND smart is hard to find in a man, if you happen to come across one of these rare specimens hold on tight to them. (I've yet to see one)
31. My nieces and nephews are quite possibly the cutest kids ever made.
32. My best friend is someone I would do anything for, and you don't find that every day.
33. I'm happy without a man in my life...something which I thought would never be possible.
34. I would be willing to give my life for my nieces, nephews and family, even best friend.
35. Never drink something hot while driving, it WILL spill all over you and burn you in the whoo ha.
36. Snow and flip flops don't mix if you ever wish to feel your feet and toes again.
37. Don't anger a steer with horns when you have no food to distract it. You'll either get a really sore bum or sore boobs.
38. Sometimes you shouldn't trust your dad when he says "It's not that steep" and your on a dirt bike that's about to be on top of you.
39. Brothers never grow up, they will always act 14 and see you as their 10 year old little sister.
And finally.... 40. No matter how allergic I am to chocolate I cannot live without it. It is in my blood, my soul, it is a part of me.
There are many more life lessons I have learned that are not included, and some for good reason. But mostly because it has taken me 2 days to think of the 40 ones I did with my handicapped brain.
Do you ever get 'goodm
almost every morning
next to me on the couch charging
Who last texte
Thom I believe
What time did you go to sleep
Around 1 or so
What woke you up today
The dog whining to be let outside
When was the last time you talke
About 2 1/2 hrs ago when she went to bed since I'm staying at her house right now, yayayayay
Have you done anyth
Not much embarrasses me
Dark hair or light
I like both, as long as it's not grey and he's not balding :)
What was your dream
I don't recall
Are you curre
Yes, someone who doesn't realize that people use her because she is nice to a fault and doesn't realize that they're better off without those people even as friends.
Are you curre
Two of em lol
How is your hair right
Long, blonde, curly and in a pony tail cuz it's night time
Do you wear makeu
What are you doing
Sleeping, then watching tv and waiting for Rachel to get off work
What did you do yeste
Watched tv, helped Rach buy some new work clothes
Do you prefe
Sleeping in his bed at home in CO
Do you think
Of course they are. Even if they don't work out, you still learn a lot from them.
Are you a bad influ
Not so much anymore
How do you feel about
Eh, I love my life but at the same time I feel stuck in a rut
A couple people have
When was the last time you went shopp
A few hours ago
Did you laugh
I laugh at something everyday
Do you think
My mommy and daddy love me hehe
How many texts
I have no idea. 50 some I think
In Utah with Angie and her family
When was the last time you were sad?
I dunno, not that long ago
Will you be up befor
haha heck no!
Is it easy for someo
Most of the time yes
Depends on the person
There are always emotions I try and avoid
Are you curre
Thought about it and came very close to getting a tattoo but no...
Not so much
Are you tired
Working my ways towards there
Will you get marri
I hope to someday
Do you curre
Ewww no, no tramp stamps for me
Asleep in the room next to me
Were you happy
Yup, I woke up cuddling with 2 doggies, it was great
Depends on how I feel, who I'm with and what's going on
NO! I'm a germaphobic
This time last year can you remem
yup, sure do
It's been a couple days
What will you be doing
Have you held hands
When was the last time you wante
Today...A certain someone has made me want to punch them in their face every time they open their mouth or use their texts
What is the last thing
Cereal and bead supplies
Have you ever block
Quite a few people, there are some weirdos out there!
Who came over tonig
Do you like the color
I'm using it so that must mean I do eh?
Do you like your name?
Yup, except for at Christmas when everyone feels the need to sing songs that have my name in it. They all think they're so clever like they're the only ones who have ever done that before
Are any of your frien
Quite a few actually
What were you doing
Can you admit
Who was the last girl you talke
What was the highl
Finally leaving the house lol
What is your salad
Ranch if I know the restaurant, otherwise italian or ceasar
What is your favor
Jinbeh, Olive Garden, or the fool proof Chilis
What food could
Nothing, my stomach is too sensitive
What are your pizza
Cheese & pepperoni
What do you like to put on your toast
Butter or cinnamon & sugar
How many telev
Dark blue & black
Are you right
Have you ever had anyth
A tooth, blood, and cancerous tissue...gross I know
Have you ever been knock
Twice, when I was 5 I was pushed off a stage onto a hardwood floor and fell face first and when I was 16 I was in a car accident and broke my window with my head.
If it were possi
If you could
Shaniqua haha jk jk I can't think of anything I'd change it to
How many pairs
Not sure, quite a few
Last time you had a run-
It's been a while
My favorite season is fall in CO. All the colors are so beautiful
Christmas, and not because of the presents...
Day of the week?
Saturday or Sunday
Are you missi
My parents and a couple others :)
What's your mood?
Sleepy and hurting
What are you liste
Yankee Doodle is playing on Superstars of Dance lol
What are you watch
Refer to above...Superstars of Dance
Are you worried about anything
Money, health and a couple other things
Where every normal person goes...to the bathroom
In theaters...Bride Wars, in TV...The Last Templar
Do you smile
1)Do you alway
2) It's four in the morni
Thom, Paul or Rachel
3) If you could
I like my blue eyes thank you very much
4) What flavo
Strawberry or cherry limeade
5)Do you own a digit
Yup, 3 of em
Any song that doesn't have my name in it lol
9) Can you do push ups?
Only girly ones or I'll break my shoulder
10) Can you do a chin up?
Nope, only cuz of my shoulder
A little of both
12) Do you have any saved
13) Ever been in a car wreck
More than I should have been in, I know too many bad drivers.
14) Do you have an accen
Only when I come back here to TX to visit, or when I talk with someone that has a southern accent.
15) What is the last song to make you cry?
Carrie Underwood Just A Dream at the CMA's
Sleeping, as soon as I finish this
17) Have you ever felt like you hit rock botto
18) Name 3 thing
Cereal, bead wire, and a new bra
19) Have you ever been given
I think I already answered this but oh well....money, my health and a couple other things
Immature, controlling, patronizing idiots, the economy, and this is more of a frustration...people who put up with being treated like crap and used by the patronizing idiots.
22) Met someo
I have before but not recently
23) How did you bring
went hot tubbing then played Wii Bowling for 3 or 4 hrs lol
24) What song repre
There are soooooo many that could
25) Name three
Prolly no one
26) What were you doing
About to go to sleep
27) What was the first
"Daisy shut up and stop whining"