Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lessons Learned

I've learned a lot in my lifetime. Here are a few things that it's been a rough road learning, but totally worth it.

1. There are only a few choice people in your life that will truly always be there for you.

2. You can live after your heart has been broken a few times.

3. Hospitals sometimes make you more sick than make you better.

4. My family will always be my family no matter what they do, how much they disappoint me, or how much they annoy me I will always love them.


5. I really do love my friends and am grateful for the support they give me...even though I don't deserve it sometimes
friends Pictures, Images and Photos


6. Just because I'm blonde doesn't mean I'm dumb.


7. I probably learn more from my Primary kids than they do from me.


8. Sometimes I do know more than the doctors when it comes to my illness. Lol


9. My parents are actually more right than wrong, despite what I thought growing up :)


10. I let someone control me once, and I will never let that happen again.


11. I'm happy being me, and if someone doesn't like that than they don't deserve to be my friend.


12. The cuter the boy is, the more likely he is to be a jerk and break your heart.


13. You can have friends of any age, whether they're 2 or 82.


14. It's better to put your heart out there and tell someone how you feel and be rejected than to never tell that person and always wonder "what if".


15. My Dad's not Superman, but he's pretty darn close.
Even Superman Needs A Dad


16. Not everyone can handle my illness, and those who can't should not be judged because of it.
.

17. Don't take anyone in your life for granted, they can be gone in an instant.


18. I may never have kids of my own, though my nieces and nephews are my kids I can give back :)


19. The cuter the boy is, the dumber he usually is.


20. My dad will always be my hero no matter how old I get.


21. Don't waste your time on someone who makes you cry, they're not worth your tears.


22. I need to laugh every day, it's vital to my survival.

23. The cure to any illness is ice cream.

24. Watching Grey's Anatomy or NCIS can "seriously" get me through anything, no matter how crappy it is.
Interns Seriously / Greys Anatomy Pictures, Images and Photos


25. At some point in your life you have to grow up.

26. Bad things can happen to good people.

27. Just because you have to grow up doesn't mean you always have to act grown up.

Photobucket

28. A baby's laugh can cure any bad mood.

29. All newborns look like aliens.

30. Good looking AND smart is hard to find in a man, if you happen to come across one of these rare specimens hold on tight to them. (I've yet to see one)

31. My nieces and nephews are quite possibly the cutest kids ever made.

32. My best friend is someone I would do anything for, and you don't find that every day.

33. I'm happy without a man in my life...something which I thought would never be possible.

34. I would be willing to give my life for my nieces, nephews and family, even best friend.

35. Never drink something hot while driving, it WILL spill all over you and burn you in the whoo ha.

36. Snow and flip flops don't mix if you ever wish to feel your feet and toes again.

37. Don't anger a steer with horns when you have no food to distract it. You'll either get a really sore bum or sore boobs.

38. Sometimes you shouldn't trust your dad when he says "It's not that steep" and your on a dirt bike that's about to be on top of you.

39. Brothers never grow up, they will always act 14 and see you as their 10 year old little sister.

And finally.... 40. No matter how allergic I am to chocolate I cannot live without it. It is in my blood, my soul, it is a part of me.

peace, love-chocolate Pictures, Images and Photos

There are many more life lessons I have learned that are not included, and some for good reason. But mostly because it has taken me 2 days to think of the 40 ones I did with my handicapped brain.




2 comments:

Rachel Mohat said...

LOL these are funny and really awesome too. I love the hoo haw part.

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

Awe, Holly..I really liked that. CUTE! I love you, it was awesome to get to have you to myself for a day. Sorry about the crybaby tho, you probably never want kids now..love you.