Friday, February 27, 2009

My Wonderfully Wonderful Weekend

So... Thursday afternoon my friend Casie's mom text me and asked me if I wanted to go to Idaho with her...3 hours from then...eeeeek. So I ran upstairs, hopped in the shower, threw some clothes in a bag and we headed off on our way. Now before I go any further in my story we have to do a pause and rewind with a little background info. I've had a thing for Casie's brother Dustin for a while now...since like last may. And recently Lorrie, their mom has been trying on my end to get me together with him, which cracks me up but doesn't bother me in the least. So we've been conspiring on a trip up to Idaho. Ok now fast forward back to where we were. Lorrie and I drove to Layton on thursday then decided to stop for the night since it was late and we were both tired. I love driving through Utah at night. You can see all the pretty temples all around. It's just awesome. So Friday morning we got back on the road about 9:30. I absolutely love Lorrie. She's awesome and so fun to talk with. We got to Rexburg about 1 and drove to Dustin and Casie's grandparents house where we were staying and also where Dustin happens to be living :). We all hung out for a bit then Casie went to work and Dusty went to bed for a little while before dinner and bowling (he works from 3 am to about 9 or 10 am so he needed a nap). After a while Lorrie, Dusty and I went to visit Casie at work and have dinner there in Idaho Falls then drove back to Rexburg for bowling league with Dusty and his grandma. We chilled and watched them and Annie (the other sister) and I played air hockey for about an hour or longer. After bowling we went home and Dusty and I went down to his basement apartment and talked for about 2 hours or so till we were both falling asleep. Then I went back upstairs and waited for Casie to get there. Since there wasn't much room in their grandma's house Casie and I had to share a bed and at some point in the middle of the night I woke up and Casie was spooning me! She told me she was gonna cuddle with me before we went to sleep but I didn't think she was serious lol. She was pretty embarrassed the next morning when I told her about it though. That was about all the events of day 1.



Day 2 consisted of lunch at Fong's chinese restaurant. I woke Dusty up so I didn't have to go alone with Lorrie and the other Grandma. Then a lot of shopping and playing on Dusty's iPhone. Those things are awesome! I totally want one now and I am officially addicted to the hangman app on it. After a zillion hours of running around all over Rexburg...as much as one can run around there we finally went home. Sometime after that we had dinner somewhere and then Dusty, his roommate Chris and I went to see the movie Push. Normally I'd say it'd be awkward for there to be a third wheel on a date but we're so comfortable it was cool. The movie was ok, Dakota Fanning has definitely grown up. I'd say the best part of the movie was getting to stare at Chris Evans (Fantastic 4) for 2 hours...so hot! So after the movie we go back to the guys house and some other people come over to watch a movie. They choose Jumper to watch which I've already seen but oh well. Dusty and I laying on the LoveSac playing with his iPhone and cuddling...yes I did say cuddling :) and I was getting all kinds of looks from the other girls there when I got up the one time. I loved it lol. So then after everyone left we were still laying there and talking and falling asleep cuz it was like 12:30 and he had to be up in 2 1/2 hrs. Then he walked me back upstairs and I gave him a kiss on the cheek and that was that. Any other guy I would have totally kissed but because I like him I get all shy...I hate it! Doesn't help that he's really really shy all the time too.


Saturday I spent most of the day with Casie and her mom. We went to see Annie, who goes to cosmotology school, and I chopped about 3 or 4 inches off my hair! I love it, it looks so healthy now. It was in major need of some lovin. After that we went to a craft store, then to try and find Lorrie some new jeans at Down East, then over to Wal-Mart. Much to my surprise I was walking through Wally World and passed by my friend Julia from TX! She was in my old singles ward and just got married this last summer. It was so good to see her! She's just too cute. So after catching up and buying some cold medicine (I got sick on vacation :( ) we FINALLY went home and I was worn out. I went to lay down for a little bit and not 20 min later Dusty comes in and asks if I wanna go with him to a bday party...well DUH of course I did! So we went to the party and hung out all night then went home and fell asleep talking on the couch lol.

Sunday morning we left early but Dusty told me to wake him up before we left so I went down and jumped on his bed and scared the crap outta him. It was great :) He helped us pack the truck up then we said our goodbyes, hugged, I gave him a kiss on the cheek and then we were off. It was a great weekend, just what the dr ordered. I needed a life...even if it was just for a couple days lol. I really like him and he's a great guy. We've talked everyday since I left and I get to go back up there at the end of March, I can't wait!

So I just reread this and realized I could have just written that I went up to Idaho, cuddled with a boy I like, chopped some hair off, saw a friend I hadn't seen in forever and came home. But what fun would that have been?!

2 comments:

Rachel Mohat said...

LOL you are a goof. I am glad that you had fun. Keep me informed. Love ya!

KimMoore said...

I think you should just move to Utah! Stacey is moving to Provo, I am in Lehi, so you should just move here too. We would have so much fun together!