Sunday, September 6, 2009

Slacker

I know I've been a horrible slacking blogger these last few months and I really have no excuse since I do nothing all day lol. Not a whole lot has gone on in my life. Let's see here. The beginning of August I was going down the dirt road to my house, and I was going to fast on a corner and I started spinning out of control. Then I rolled onto my side up against a hill. It was fun times lol. Scared me to death. The sad thing is while I was spinning all I could think was "I hope I die or else my dad's gonna kill me" lol. Which unfortunantly he didn't. He chose the silent treament instead...which is even worse in my eyes. He didn't talk to me for almost 3 weeks and I still can't drive any of their cars...nor will I probably ever be able to again. So after all that happened, 3 days later my laptop died...just what I needed. So now I have to buy a car and a laptop whenever I get the money...and who knows when that will be lol. BUT I do have some good news. All my blood counts look good so I got the ok to work part-time. There's a job opening for a 911 Operator here that I'm going to apply for. I really want to do something that will help people and I think this will be a great opportunity to do just that. I just need to freshen up on my typing skills for a bit before I go in and apply because we have to take a test. I can type fast but accuracy is another story lol. I really hope I get this job. I've had so many people help me in my life and I want a chance to do something to help others. This job hunt has also made me realize that I need to go back to school. I don't want to/can't really work in the restaurant industry and stand on my feet all day so my culinary experience is basically useless to me. Unless by some dumb luck I come across a small bakery that needs someone....it's pretty much useless lol. I'm thinking of maybe going to a vocational school to be an EMT. They don't really make any money but it's rewarding lol. Who knows...it all depends on if I get this job or not if I can even go back to school. So we shall see. As for right now I'm just praying for any job cuz I'm dying without a car. It's so frustrating not being able to go places I want to go when I want to go! It's also very annoying having to use my parents' computer all the time....but I can live with that if it means saving for a car :) As for right now....I need to get to practicing my typing so I can hopefully get this job!!

3 comments:

Blasé said...

less excuses and more results, thank you very much!

you like cooking, but love baking....hmmm, sounds like my kind of blogger woman!

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

cooking is plenty to blog about Holls! lets have the recipes?!

Emily said...

Hey! Its your cuz here! I didnt know you even had a blog.