Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Happy The Way I Am

Why can’t people just leave me alone? I’m so sick of everyone trying to set me up with their brother, son, friend, cousin, whoever. I don’t know why it’s so hard for a person to understand that it’s ok to be single. That people can actually be happy being single. They act like if you’re not married with 3 kids then you must not be happy and there’s something wrong with you. Well I hate to burst everyone’s bubble but I am happy without the marriage and the kids. I like my life the way it is and I’m happy where I’m at. If someone comes along that’s right for me and that I do eventually end up marrying then that’s great. But until then stop shoving people in my path that I really have no interest in meeting. Granted, I did happen to have a great date over Thanksgiving that my team teacher in primary set me up on. But since I’ve done that, women around here have come full force at me. And every time one of them comes up to me with that deceivingly innocent smile and tells me about this or that guy they want me to meet because they know I’d be “great with them” I just want to punch them in their perfectly made up faces. Who are they to think they’d know who I would be great with. I don’t even know who I’d be great with yet. If I did I wouldn’t be single for heaven’s sakes! I’m just sick of being everyone’s little charity “project” and wish people would leave me alone and let nature take its course!!

1 comment:

Rachel Mohat said...

Did you really post this back on the 16th? Or did you just post this tonight? I don't know why it didn't notify me that you had written them if u had done it this long ago. You are a project get used to it lol. JK!